Reid: McNabb Will Start If Healthy

On Monday, Eagles coach Andy Reid reiterated what he said Sunday night: Donovan McNabb, if healthy, will start against the Seattle Seahawks this week.  The controversy started right after backup quarterback A.J. Feeley led the Eagles to a near-win over the unbeaten Patriots on Sunday night.  McNabb has been sidelined with ankle and thumb injuries and is still recovering from a torn ACL he suffered last year.  He is currently listed as day-to-day.  Reid said during his press conference yesterday, that if McNabb is 100-percent healthy, he will start.  Reid stressed that he does not want to put the franchise player at risk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Eagles Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

7 Responses to “Reid: McNabb Will Start If Healthy”

1. CJ says:

Give me a break! A.J. Feeley is just what the Eagles need to turn things around, and that was obvious to anyone watching the game on Sunday. NBC10 even did an online poll yesterday, and 88% of people wanted Feeley to start this Sunday, even if McNabb is healthy enough to play!

2. LB says:

As much as I like McNabb..He has got to go. Feeley did an outstanding job on Sunday and he should start from now on until his performace says otherwise.

3. shalena says:

Feeley!!

4. Bleedin Green says:

You guys all crack me up…bunch of armchairs come on now be realistic!

5. Jordan says:

It’s obvious the Feeley is the best man for the job anyone who can’t see that is an idiot!

6. Christine says:

I agree 100%!! Mcnabb is not showing us anything and is causing us to lose or almost lose games. Feeley has showed us he can do it and I feel like he should!! But, Reid has made it clear that #5 is our starter and thats the way it is. I don’t think thats fare, what about us fans who dedicate our time and money to the Eagles, what about Us who bleed green, do we not get a say so in if we make it to the playffs or not??????

7. jess says:

McNabb is the root of many problems. I find it very curious that over the last several years when he has been out the O-Line plays extremely better for all back up QB’s (i.e. AJ (twice), Jeff and even rotten Koi Dettmer). Though our defense needs to step up and be healthy, Feeley should play, McNabb is too injury prone and is even more ego prone. IN AJ I TRUST.