The Eagles and Colts made a trade earlier today, as the Colts have sent fullback Luke Lawton to the Eagles for a 2009 conditional draft choice. The deal really means nothing to either side unless Lawton makes the Eagles roster, which if he does, then a choice will go to the Colts for him. The 27-year-old has been on the Giants and Bill practice squads, and played in 4 games for the Jets back in 2005, and 11 games for Indy last season.
He has never started a game, but last year did score a TD vs the Jags on a 1-yard shovel pass from Peyton Manning. The Eagles are moving DT Dan Klecko to fullback, but would like to have some more players in the position that have a bit more experience, which is why the did the deal. They had Thomas Tapeh at that position, but he moved from Philly to the Vikings as a free agent this past offseason.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on