The Eagles got a gift over the weekend when they were able to strike a deal with the Patriots for CB and return man Ellis Hobbs. Pats coach Bill Belichick said that dealing Hobbs was something that the team was not thinking about on draft day.
As for Eagles coach Andy Reid, he had his own take as to exactly how the deal for Hobbs came about.
“Well I was in communication with Bill during the draft as we were with everybody. I end up calling around to talk to everybody and I needed another corner and the board did not fall to where I was satisfied with what was there, so I went in this direction with Ellis. Again, he is a really good player.”
A good player that can help out the Eagles and fill some holes for them in the secondary and kick return department. As for Hobbs, he is entering the final year of his deal. He is scheduled to make $2.54 million in base salary.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on