Donovan McNabb understands the process that goes into trying to get first-round pick Jeremy Maclin signed. While McNabb would love to see his newest weapon in camp, he knows that he’ll get there when he gets there, and that’s okay with him.
“It’s part of the business,” McNabb said. “It’s something that you go through. I’m just excited that we had an opportunity to work out [earlier this month] in Arizona. For the days that he’s missed, I’ve had an opportunity to work with him, so when he comes in we can just feed on that.”
Maclin probably shouldn’t feel so bad, as of now, only a handful of first round picks have signed, and many are doing what he is – sitting on the sidelines waiting for something to get done.
“For him, these days would just be days for him to kind of get ahead,” McNabb said. “We are going to go back over the same thing when the vets get here [Wednesday].
“I’m sure he and his agent … and those guys [the front office] will sit down and resolve something, get him an opportunity to get here so he can kind of get his feet wet and be able to battle and compete with the rest of the guys.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on