Pro Football Weekly reports the Eagles will start camp with 7 on the PUP list:
When the Eagles open camp Friday morning, some familiar names will not be on the practice field.
The Eagles have placed seven players — four Pro Bowlers and two second-rounders — on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, including ORT Shawn Andrews, OLT Jason Peters and CB Asante Samuel. Joining them are RB Brian Westbrook, DE Victor Abiamiri, DE Trevor Laws and rookie DB Victor “Macho” Harris. All except Laws and Harris are starters if Abiamiri can beat out Juqua Parker and others at left end.
Westbrook is no surprise. He underwent a procedure this summer to clean bone spurs out of his injured ankle and likely is out for the duration of the preseason. The biggest disappointment on the list is Andrews, who reportedly came to Lehigh in great shape but had his back flare up after a team run Thursday morning.
Head coach Andy Reid, however, didn’t appear too alarmed at any of the injuries.
“We’ll just have to see,” Reid said.
Samuel and Laws have hamstring injuries. Peters injured his quadriceps.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on