The Philly Daily News talks about how Kevin Kolb might have to step into the starting role next week for the injured Donovan McNabb:
Kevin Kolb could be in line to make his first NFL start next Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, with Donovan McNabb suffering a cracked rib in today’s opener against Carolina. Depending on how quickly the Eagles make a decision about McNabb and he feels, Kolb could get a full week of preparation with the first team for the first time. “Well, I think I can go in there and show leadership,” Kolb said after today’s game. “The biggest thing for a backup quarterback is leadership. Not let the offense miss a beat. Just come in there and run it as smooth as it was before the injury and keep us clicking.” Kolb, a 2007 second-round pick, has struggled in both of his significant stretches of playing time in relief of McNabb.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on