The future weeks of reserve Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb starting behind center appear to be over as Donovan McNabb will start this Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
As those of you who follow the Eagles and specifically the McNabb injury front know, he took a hard shot in the end zone during their win over the Carolina Panthers on September 13 and has been sidelined ever since; meanwhile, Kolb started in his absence, passing for over 300+ yards in both of his starts, going 1-1.
According to Eagles head coach Andy Reid:
“You’re talking about one of the all-time greats playing quarterback. Somebody who has been here a long time and when it’s all said and done will be one of the all-time greatest to play that position. It’s always good to get that kind of a player back in there.”
McNabb practiced on Wednesday and appeared to have his usual sidekick, running back Bryan Westbrook joining him; based on that factoid, that can only be good news for the team, in light of their opponent this weekend.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on