Let’s imagine, if you will, that you own the Philadelphia Eagles. Let’s also imagine that your head coach is one Andy Reid. Let’s also throw in the fact that he is in the next-to-final year of his contract. Common sense tells you to re-up Reid in a reasonable amount of time, right?
That seems to be the mindset of the Eagles’ braintrust as during an interview with Larry Kane on the local Comcast Network, team president Joe Banner said that he expects Philadelphia to re-sign Reid to a contract extension before it expires after next season.
And truth be told, it would make perfect sense to re-up Reid at this juncture. After all, despite not having a Super Bowl ring, he has accumulated a 99-63-1 record in 11 seasons – which qualifies as upper-echelon the last time I checked. Only the New England Patriots’ Billl Belichick and Tennessee Titans’ Jeff Fisher have more wins among active coaches; coincidentally or not, Fisher and Reid have been with their current teams their entire head coaching career.
The way things look at the moment, unless something of monumental proportions happens to the Eagles and/or Reid, expect to see him roaming the sidelines in 2011 and beyond.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on