The Eagles may have to turn to rookie RB LeSean McCoy Sunday at home vs the Giants, as running back Brian Westbrook remains questionable with a concussion suffered last week vs the Redskins.
Coach Andy Reid said Friday that wide receiver Kevin Curtis, defensive end Victor Abiamiri (knee), and backup cornerback/special teams player Dimitri Patterson (hand/quadriceps) won’t play against New York. He also said free safety Victor Harris (ankle) and backup defensive end Chris Clemons (elbow) are questionable.
None of them practiced Friday.
“It’s going to be a game-day decision,” Reid said of Westbrook, who traditionally performs well against the Giants. “We’re waiting to get more tests back and see how they look. So far the tests we have done this week have looked OK. But it comes down to a matter of time.”
Westbrook has not practiced all week, but he was on the field Friday with his teammates and seemed in good spirits.
“I know he wants to play,” Reid said. “As long as he cleared, he’s OK’d, we just have to see. The experts are looking at this. We have to listen to the doctors.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on