Shop for Philadelphia Eagles gear at Fanatics.com

What Impact Can Michael Vick Have in 2010?

Although it wasn’t as early and often as Eagle’s fans hoped, Michael Vick did show some flashes of brilliance last year. From what I’ve heard, Vick is looked faster in mini camp than he did during the season last year. This leads me to wonder if we’ll see increased production out of Michael Vick in the 2010 season.

One thing that might help Vick produce more this season is the change at starting quarterback. Kevin Kolb doesn’t have the type of ego Donovan McNabb had. We heard McNabb make comments the first time Vick ever played in a game with him during the preseason about how he didn’t like coming off the field. Whether he thought it messed up the rhthym or not, I think he just didn’t like sharing the spotlight with Vick.

With Kolb leading the offense, you don’t expect any type of backlash like that. I believe the Eagles will keep drawing up plays for Vick and will really hone in on the best opportunities to use his skill set. We saw how good he could be in the red zone towards the end of the season last year.

Hearing that Vick looked really fast in mini camp makes me very excited. If you watch highlights of the plays he made with his feet in Atlanta, it’s just plain stupid. I don’t know if he can ever get back to that point, but if he can get close, he can pose some serious issues for defenders.

The fact of the matter is that the guy is on the roster and is getting paid a lot of money to be there. As much as I think Kolb can do amazing things for this offense, I still want to see Vick on the field making plays. You know he has it in him.

What impact do you think Michael Vick will have in 2010?

Michael Vick

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Eagles Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

13 Responses to “What Impact Can Michael Vick Have in 2010?”

1. Ned says:

Nobody wants him at any price, why should the Eagles. His style of play is not smart and will not bring a championship. Those that advocate his “Excitement” style of play watch football for entertainment only and will never see an Eagles championship with him as the QB.

• Mike says:

I was not trying to say he should be the starting quarterback for the Eagles. I feel he can be a good change of pace, much like the role he played in last year. Towards the end of the season, it seemed that Andy and Marty were figuring out the right spots to put him in the game to find success. I think they will continue to do that this year and should given his skill set.

• tb says:

Are you crazy?

• tb says:

Are you crazy

2. chipper says:

I guess since the Eagles coaches, owners, are the ones who have the last word on where Vick skills are, the opinions of others don’t matter. In fact Reid has said Vick is back to his original atheletic abilities, and some, but yet he is a different type of player, the kind that can will championships. I guess the real problem for some, they were hoping Vick would fail, but fortunately he didn’t.

3. Shay says:

As a hugh fan of Michael Vick,hope to see more of him in the football games this season,i really think will be a great impact for the Eagles this season.

4. super quick says:

in my opinion if the eagles give mike vick more playing time, he is going to show up the defense. despite what other believe!

5. Mike says:

Chipper, Shay, and super quick:

I do agree with you guys that Vick still has a lot of talent. I’m just hoping that the Eagles give him opportunities to make plays.

Kevin Kolb needs to take the vast majority of the snaps every game, but I would like to see Vick get 5-10 snaps per game.

6. Highbaugh says:

Micheal Vick will get his chance to play this year soon the football world will see that Kolb is not the answer for the Eagles, the NFC east is a division that needs a QB that has multiple skill sets Vick has those sets Kolb does not and that will hurt the Eagles this year.

7. Highbaugh says:

The Eagles will play Vick and that will be the best thing for the offence, Vick is a star that’s ready to show the NFL that the skills are back, Vick this year has a minicamp so that will show big in the preseason Vick will out play Kolb in the Preseason.

• choice says:

I agree, I don’t have anything against Kolb at all, however I did see the two games he started last season, and unfortunately I was not all that impressess. I know that people go on about the two 300 yds, he threw, but what else did he do, and look who he was playing when he threw those 300 yds. I believe we will see a lot of Vick regardless to what the media wants us to believe. The media really doesn’t know anymore than we do.

8. Cam G. says:

Why do folk hate on Vick? He is still the best. He will Start over Kolb. He hasn’t done anything. Look at Vick’s track record, he carried the falcons. I don’t see anybody talking about George Bush getting us into a recession. Let the dogs go.