Shop for Philadelphia Eagles gear at Fanatics.com

America Hates Michael Vick

Forbes magazine has released its annual most disliked player in sports list. For the second time in as many years, Eagles quarterback Michael Vick has topped the list.

Unlike some of the others that appear on the list, most of Vick’s judgement is a result of things he’s done outside the world of sports. We’re all familiar with the situation Vick went through, and the fact that he did a terrible thing. Vick has put all of this behind him, but apparently America has not.

I know that Vick did something awful, but much like the Eagles, I am willing to forgive and forget. His focus is on football now and he is trying not to be haunted by his past. Although he wants to put it behind him, when you do something like he did, people don’t soon forget.

It’s unfortunate that Vick has to be listed like this, but I guess it can be beneficial at the same time. It reminds him that he made a mistake and he still has a lot to prove as a man. Behind all the pads, Vick is more than just a football player.

Some other NFL names on the list included Al Davis, Ben Roethlisberger, Jerry Jones, and Terrell Owens.

Michael Vick

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Eagles Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

7 Responses to “America Hates Michael Vick”

1. choice says:

You know what is sad is how you reporters continue to try to spread hate against this man. You are bringing all this to surface now because it it getting close to the season for football, you want to be sure that Vick is not worthy of a trade (if there is one), and you want to pull the animal lovers to the front, hoping you may get one or two to start a protest. This same article has been written how many times now in the past two days, funny Vick crimes were committed at least 3 o 4 years ago, and it remains a headline for you. Even though Roethlisber wasn’t charged, and he certainly should have be, at least for indecent exposure, (they didn’t need the girl to press charges for that), his situation is under the rug . You people are simply pathetic.

• Brian says:

@choice – You know what I think is pathetic? A man who is so empty inside that he has to kill dogs to pass the time. You know what I think is more pathetic than that? Someone who is on Michael Vick’s side. Just so you know, you are on the side that supports dog murder. So, you are really more of a waste of life than Vick. At least Vick can play football.

2. choice says:

Mr. Burke, I apologize, the comment I just made was really for another article, I hope you accept my apology. I will say that I do agree with you, but at the same time I don’t fall so much for those types of polls and their ratings, I think they are manufactured, and biased.

3. Mike Burke says:

I appreciate your comment and the fact that you feel similar to the way I do. As I mentioned above, he did make a mistake and I’m willing to forgive and forget.

I’m sure this poll will be brought to his attention as it is from a large publication. However, I think at this stage in his life, Michael Vick has more to prove to himself than the people who voted in this poll.

I didn’t write about this poll agreeing that it’s something Forbes should publish every year. The reason I chose to bring it up is because it involves a member of the team.

Again, thank you for your comment.

4. DP says:

I don’t think he should ever been given a second chance. Are you aware with what he has done????? It is a bit too extreme.

• kill michael vick says:

vick is a psychopath, and psychopaths cannot be cured. This is a known fact. They have no conscience, no remorse, no guilt, no empathy, no compassion (though they can fake if they try). Psychopaths deserve no second chance because it’s pointless. And almost all serial killers start off as animal abusers so vick needs to be killed asap.

5. Xavier says:

For all of you who think America should just forget what a terrible thing Vick has done, please put this into your simple minds. Some day, your child will be on the internet searching up famous athletes. And there is your “hero” surrounded by the bloody mess of his “past.” This was not a mistake, it was a second career. This is what we are promoting to our children? That it is ok to kill any creature as long as you 1. say you are soooo sowwwry (ick) 2. make enough touchdowns for your favorite sports team. Nice. I suppose you would love to live next door to child molestors and murderers too. Good luck with that!