Gary Myers of the New York Daily News has heard that the Eagles will eventually be first in line to sign former Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress, but there’s also speculation the Steelers, Chargers, Falcons and Ravens could also be interested.
At the Super Bowl this year, Steelers WR Hines Ward endorsed the return of Burress to Pittsburgh, where he spent the first five years of his career before signing with the Giants. Ward is a terrific player, but he does not make the Steelers’ personnel decisions.
Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and coach Andy Reid, having already been through the post-prison experience with Vick, might be in a better position to handle any public backlash about adding another former inmate. They could also help Burress with his transition back to the NFL. Putting Burress with DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin would give Vick plenty of options.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on