Nick Fierro at TheMorningCall.com talks about former Giants WR Plaxico Burress coming to the Eagles, and seems all for the idea in his column today.
The feeling here is that he may be a good fit for the Eagles in red-zone situations. The 6-foot-5, 232-pound giant can either overpower or simply go over the top of overmatched cornerbacks on fade routes.
The late Jim Johnson, who was running the Eagles’ defense at the time of the incident, insisted Burress’ absence made the Giants, who had the best team in football at the time, so much easier to defend. He must have been right. The Eagles stunned them in a defensive playoff scrum on the road to advance to the NFC Championship game that season.
Although he’ll be 34 in August, he wouldn’t even need to be in top shape to help the Eagles in those situations, which don’t require a lot of running or endurance. Burress can fall out of bed and still catch a 5-yard fade in the corner of the end zone.
Click HERE to read the rest
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on