Today on WIP in Philadelphia (via SportsRadioInterviews.com) Eagles quarterback Michael Vick made it clear he would welcome his fellow felon in Philly as part of their receiver corps.
“Absolutely it would be a great addition for our team. I think with the guys we have now I think we can fit him in and make it work. Obviously the ultimate goal at the end of the day is to put that ring on your finger at the end of the year. I think certainly Plaxico is going to come out with a chip on his shoulder the same way I did and he’ll go out and help this football team to whatever capacity he can. I think the guys would be willing to embrace him and bring him in. If that happens? Who knows? We talking about “what ifs” now? It would certainly be a good thing.”
There is word that the Eagles braintrust is serious about bringing Burress to Philly. One potential problem is that the top three spots are already filled with DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, and Jason Avant.
Burress would have to accept the role of a red-zone specialist in Philly. Burress will likely first pursue other situations that may give him the opportunity to start.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on