Teams are starting to reach out and make contact with unrestricted free agents that were not drafted. The Eagles according to Bleeding Green Nation and other sources have inked Hurricanes RB Graig Cooper.
The Eagles first signing according to several reports is Miami Hurricanes RB Graig Cooper (yes that’s spelled right). Cooper was a very highly touted prospect, but… can you guess what I’m about to say next? Tore up his knee late in 2009 which cost him part of last year and really seemed limit his effectiveness last year.
He was really looking to be on his way to stardom after a big freshman year where he racked up the 3rd most rushing yards by a true freshman in Miami history (behind Clinton Portis). He does fit the mold of what the Eagles look for, as he’s a very good pass catcher as well as runner.
So like they have several times in the past the Eagles are rolling the dice on a guy being undervalued coming off an injury. And really, with 90 roster spots this year, why not?
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on