Tired of the same ol’ “Pick ‘Em Challenges” through the various sports sites out there? Well if you’re looking for a new and unique way of picking the weekly NFL games, we have just the challenge for you.
NFLGridironGab.com would like to present the First Annual ‘Gridiron Gab Pick ‘Em Challenge’. You’ll have the chance to compete for prizes and lay claim to the ultimate bragging rights opportunity – a one on one interview to be posted on the front page NFLGridirongab.com!
Sign-up is easy, here’s how…
To sign-up, simply email ‘GabFans@gmail.com‘ with your username and your favorite NFL team with “Gridiron Gab Pick ‘Em Challenge” in the subject title.
Deadline to sign-up will be Sunday, September 18, at 11 AM EST.
How it Works
Each week a list of five games will be posted to NFLGridirongab.com and each team’s Gab Site. Simply pick who you think the winner of the game will be, and email your picks to GabFans@gmail.com.
Four of the five games will be worth 20 points, with the fifth game – dubbed the “Game of the Week – will be worth 10. In total, each week will be worth 30 points.
Maybe your first couple weeks aren’t going so well, and despite the mass amount of knowledge you have about the NFL – you find yourself at the bottom of the standings.
Have no fear, there’s still hope. Throughout the season, there will be “Bonus Weeks” in which the less fortunate can begin to claw their way back to the top. A sixth game will be added to the picks, that will be worth 20 points. Weeks in which there are six games, the weekly total will be worth 50 points.
Yes, playoffs for a pick ’em challenge is unheard of, but we’re going to do it here for ours.
In weeks 14, 15 and 16, the “Pick ‘Em Playoffs” will begin. Each week the standings will be posted. The Top 8 in the standing will be eligible for the playoffs.
Scoring will be the same, with the “Bonus Week” still a possibility. The Top 8 will compete for a team-specific prize, which has yet to be determined. (Give us a break, we’re new at this!)
In the event of a tie heading into the final week of the regular season, a final score will be asked to be provided as a tie-breaker.
Awards & Prizes
Contestants will be competing for a prize that has yet to be determined. The winner will have one week to claim their prize. Failure to do so will forfeit the prize to second place.
Just like in the NFL, there’s going to be a winner and a loser of the contest. Just like in the NFL, we’d like to interview the winner and loser!
The winner will have the opportunity to boast about his win, while the winner will have the chance to explain what went wrong for them this season.
Of course, the interview is optional, but highly encouraged as you’ll be part of our initial “Fan of the Week” spotlight.
Deadline to sing-up is 11 AM EST, Sunday, September 18.
Deadline for picks will be 11 AM EST on the start of the “Pick Week”.
Example: If there is a game on Thursday, weekly picks will be due at 11 AM EST on Thursday – unless that game is not used as part of the weekly picks. We all know how crazy the NFL schedule can be, especially towards the end of the season.
Deadline for results will be Noon EST, the day after the last game of the weekly picks. (If Monday Night game is included, results and standings will be updated and posted by 12 PM EST (Noon) on Tuesday. If Monday night game is not used in weekly picks, results and standings will be updated and posted by 12 PM EST on Monday)
Weekly Picks will be posted no later than Noon EST on Monday, regardless if “pick week” has concluded or not.
Just like every contest, there are rules to what you can and can not do. Failure to follow these simple rules, may result in disqualification from the contest.
– all picks must be emailed to GabFans@gmail.com, NLT 11 AM EST on the start of the “Pick Week” (‘Pick Week’ means the day of the week in which the first game included in the weekly picks is set to begin)
– picks sent in after the deadline will not be considered.
– contestants will be allowed two “Bye Weeks” (The term ‘Bye Week’ means that weekly picks were not received from a contestant.
– after the two ‘Bye Weeks’ have been used by a contestant, a third one will result in disqualification from the contest.
– only one entry per email address.
– once picks are emailed in, they are deemed final and can not be changed.
– the winner of the contest will have one week, after he or she has been deemed the winner, to claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in a forfeiture of the prize to second place.
Note: Just like anything else, rules are subject to change. It’s likely that rules will be added instead of changed, but please be patient. This is a new contest, so there’s bound to be a few things that will need to be worked out.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on