Eagles defensive end Brandon Graham will spend at least the first six weeks of the 2011 campaign on the physically-unable-to-perform list, but the 2010 first-round choice (13th overall) from Michigan plans to be prepared for the club’s Week 8 Sunday night showdown with NFC East rival Dallas on October 30.
“I’m very confident I’ll be ready and I’ll be playing Dallas,” Graham said via Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer. “It’s not set in stone, but I’m not trying to go on” the injured reserve list.
After Week 6, the Eagles will have a three-week frame to incorporate the former Wolverine into the 53-man squad from the PUP. The Eagles have a Bye in Week 7, but even if Graham is not 100 percent during that time, he could be nabbed to the active roster to issue him some time to get healthy.
The Michigan product started six of 13 games as a rookie, tallying 13 tackles and three sacks before tearing his right ACL last December and undergoing microfracture surgery.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on