Smart money’s on Michael Vick playing Sunday against the hated Giants. Any takers?
Although Vick will first have to pass his concussion tests before being officially cleared, the Eagles believe he should be able to suit up Sunday and see action against the division rival Giants in the team’s hope opener, an Eagles source told Adam Schefter of ESPN.
On Monday, head athletic trainer Rick Burkholder wouldn’t give a timetable for the electrifying former Virgina Tech legend’s return.
“That’s foolish on our part medically to put time frame out there,” Burkholder said Monday. “Everybody wants to know a time frame, everybody wants to know whether Mike’s going to play, everybody wants to know whether Mike’s going to practice. We’re going to go through our protocol and when Mike’s ready to practice, I’m going to turn him over to coach and he’s going to make a decision whether he’s ready to play, had reps, all that kind of stuff.”
Surely, the club is taking the right, cautious approach concerning their star signal caller. It’s an approach that will not backfire, unless, he doesn’t play and the team loses to their NFC East foe on Sunday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on