Assuming the swelling in his right hand improves, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is likely to start against the 49ers on Sunday, according to club sources, reports Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Vick suffered a bone bruise in his right hand during the third quarter of Sunday’s 29-16 defeat at the hands of the rival Giants. Vick initially remained in the contest, but was removed when X-rays erroneously showed a fracture.
On Monday, head coach Andy Reid spotted the viewing of a hairline fracture on a blood vessel.
After easily taking care of the Rams to begin the 2011 campaign, the Eagles have dropped back-to-back games, with Vick exiting both games in the second half with an injury. Vick sustained a concussion in a 35-31 loss to the Falcons in Week 2, but was cleared in time to start against the Giants on Sunday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on