Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports Eagles defensive end Jason Babin was fined $15,000 for his hit on 49ers quarterback Alex Smith that drew a personal foul penalty for roughing the passer on Sunday.
Babin was said he was fined by the NFL because he hit Smith in the neck area with his helmet.
“It’s not like it was a late hit, it’s not like it was a malicious hit,” Babin said. “The funny part was on that play Trent Cole was high-lowed … and you can tell that [the 49ers] game planned it. So how are thet going to fine me and when you see a coach and players game plan to high-low arguably our best pass rusher on our team. That’s a little sickening.”
The Eagle sack artist also tweeted the following: Attn:Guy at the NFL that decides on who and how much players get fined Stop being a puppet, if you want to protect QB’s, get better linemen.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on