After a full team meeting, a players “pow-wow” was conducted by Eagles wide receiver Jason Avant, who, according to Michael Vick: “said enough.”
After Avant let his voice be heard, Vick talked about the players taking the blame – and not placing it upon head coach Andy Reid.
“We’re going to fight for him every minute,” Vick said. “It’s not Coach Reid’s fault. Coach can’t go out and hold onto the ball. Coach can’t throw the ball down the field. Coach can’t go out there and do it, he can only give us what we need – the recipe for victory, and that’s what we’re getting.
Furthermore, Vick emphasized coach Reid not being the one at fault.
“I’ve been around the game for a long time, and I know the intricacies and the ins and outs, and it’s not Coach. Bottom line. Put the heat on the players. . . . Don’t put it on him.”
Yet, Reid took the responsibility of his football team.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on