Reuben Frank of CSNPhilly.com reports Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel blasted team president Joe Banner and general manager Howie Roseman Wednesday, saying that they wanted him traded while Reid didn’t and mocked them as fantasy football players playing with owner Jeff Lurie’s money.
Samuel was the subject of trade rumors during training camp, after the Eagles acquired Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and again last week, as Tuesday’s NFL trade deadline approached.
“That sucks, doesn’t it?” Samuel said. “Each trade deadline for your name to be flying around and you’re supposed to be the leader of this team?”
Samuel also said a team official called him over the summer and told him the team was trying to trade him then.
Asked Wednesday if he feels wanted, Samuel said: “By Andy. Couple people upstairs might not want me, but who cares? They’ve probably never played football.
“It’s a business and they run it like a business and they’re going to do what they need to do. They’re playing with a lot of money, playing fantasy football, doing their thing.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on