The Eagles have canned defensive coordinator Juan Castillo, replacing him with secondary coach Todd Bowles.
The move comes after the Eagles blew a lead last week vs the Steelers, losing 16-14, and Sunday they were up 10 on the Lions, and lost 26-23 in overtime.made
Coach Andy Reid made the surprising switch before last season of making Castillo the defensive coordinator after 13 seasons of coaching offensive linemen. Castillo has been under the microscope in Philadelphia, with nearly every move he’s made being scrutinized intensely.
Reid says six games into the season, “average isn’t good enough. I know the potential of our team and insist on maximizing it.”
Castillo joined the Eagles in 1995 as an offensive assistant under coach Ray Rhodes. He was promoted to tight ends coach in 1997, and then offensive line coach in 1998.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on