It was a move that many thought would come sooner, but finally today it happened. The Eagles and QB Dennis Dixon have come to terms on a two-year deal.
The move reunites Chip Kelly with Dixon, a QB who under Kelly in Oregon threw for 20 TD’s in his senior season when Kelly was the Oregon OC.
Dixon that senior season not only threw for 20 scores, but ran for nine more and threw four interceptions.
Dixon has attempted just 59 passes in four games over five NFL seasons with the Steelers and Ravens, but he already has two Super Bowl rings — with Pittsburgh in 2008 and Baltimore in 2012.
The Eagles do already have two QB’s on the roster that could make it tough from keeping Dixon doing anything more than holding a clipboard in 2013 – Michael Vick and Nick Foles.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on