- Kansas City Chiefs select Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M: All signs are pointing towards Joeckel here. The Chiefs need a long-term building block, and Joeckel is perceived as the safest prospect in this class.
- Jacksonville Jaguars select Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia: The Jaguars have kept their preferences under wraps, but they’ve reportedly reached a consensus on the second pick. When an entire organization is on board with one player, that player is usually a franchise quarterback. Quarterbacks also tend to go higher than expected, so don’t think that Smith will be in the green room for long.
- Oakland Raiders select Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU: The Raiders have needs all over the place, and are especially desperate for defensive linemen. Ezekiel Ansah has rare talent, and his stock is rising faster than anyone’s. He’ll be a top 5 pick.
- Philadelphia Eagles select Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida: Eric Fisher would be a great fit here, but Chip Kelly devalued the quarterback and offensive line positions at Oregon, and I think the Eagles will go defense here. It’s a toss-up between Floyd and Dion Jordan. Jordan has the length, Floyd has the passion, but I give Floyd the edge because the Eagles need a 3-4 end more than an outside linebacker.
- Detroit Lions select Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan: The Lions get a gift here. They have to protect Matthew Stafford better, and Fisher is the best player on the board.
- Cleveland Browns select Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama: Indications out of Cleveland are that the Browns will go defense. Defensive coordinator Ray Horton lobbied for Patrick Peterson in the top 10 a few years ago, and he could convince the Browns to take Milliner, especially since the front office has been sniffing around free agents to pair with Joe Haden.
- Arizona Cardinals select Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon: The Cardinals are strangely confident in their quarterback and offensive line situation, but they need to get after the passer better. Dion Jordan is a great athlete who may be drafted as high as 2nd overall.
- Buffalo Bills select Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia: The Bills will be looking for receiving targets, and Tavon Austin is the most explosive playmaker in this class. It’s starting to look like Austin will go in the top 10.
- New York Jets select Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama: The Jets are so overwhelmed with needs that they might as well just take the top player available. Warmack isn’t the quarterback or game breaker they need, but can be a building block for the future.
- Tennessee Titans select Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State: The Titans often fall in love with workout warriors, and Rhodes qualifies due to his massive frame (6’1″, 210) and 40 time (4.43). Tennessee also needs to add a corner.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on