By 6 pm Saturday, the Eagles must reduce their roster from 75 to 53 players. They started informing players of their release on Friday.
Here is the full list of roster moves:
- OLB Everette Brown (released)
- NT Antonio Dixon (released)
- QB Dennis Dixon (released)
- DE David King (released)
- QB G.J. Kinne (released)
- OT Matt Kopa (released)
- CB Trevard Lindley (released with injury settlement)
- WR Ifeanyi Momah (released)
- WR Will Murphy (released)
- C Dallas Reynolds (released)
- LB Adrian Robinson (released)
- C Matt Tennant (released)
DE Joe Kruger was placed on injured reserve with a shoulder injury, so the Eagles will retain his rights even though he will not play in 2013 or count against the roster limit. The Eagles have nine more cuts to make. Among the players who should be feeling nervous are RB Matthew Tucker, WR Jeff Maehl, WR Russell Shepard, TE Clay Harbor, TE Emil Igwenagu, OG Matthew Tobin, ILB Casey Matthews, CB Brandon Hughes, and S Kurt Coleman. Of the 12 cuts the Eagles already made, only draft pick David King and veteran Antonio Dixon had legitimate chances of making the team.