The Eagles entered the offseason needing to find a way to get deals done with two big name wide outs on the roster.
They are officially half-way to their goal.
Early Thursday news broke that the Eagles agreed in principle to a four-year deal worth $25 million with Riley Cooper, who had a very solid 2014 season which didn’t start so well after off the field issues in the summer.
It was Cooper who was in the news for all the wrong reasons in July when he was on video at a Kenny Chesney concert making racial slurs.
It was a story early in camp, but then after an injury to Jeremy Maclin, Cooper started to make the right headlines, coming on for the best season of his career.
With Nick Foles finding him down field often, Cooper put up his best season, finishing the regular season with 47 receptions for 835 yards and eight touchdowns.
Now he’s in Philly for good, and it’s up to the team if they are going to try to get something done with Maclin, who is free agent number two the team wants to lock up.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on