A great pick for the Eagles, as they take Louisville DE Marcus Smith with the 26th pick in the first round.
Smith comes to the team at 6’3, 251, and can be a force on special teams and hopefully a part of the defense early in his career.
Pete Pricsco of CBS says this of the pick: Marcus Smith: Eagles need a young pass rusher, and he provides that. Athletic and fits the scheme. I get it. GRADE: B
Marcus Smith is an edge player who burst onto the scene as a senior. He was the wild card in head coach Charlie Strong’s hand. Smith’s versatility allowed Strong to move him all over the field and give opposing offenses fits. Smith played on the edge, from the interior and even lined up over slot receivers.
He translates as that type of linebacker in the NFL. His size and frame could tempt a team to build him into a 4-3 defensive end as well. Smith’s explosive movements and instincts make him a high-upside pass-rusher. If his pass-rush repertoire and hand usage can be developed by an NFL coaching staff, he could become a high-level edge-defender on Sundays.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on