When the Eagles decided to trade quarterback Nick Foles and a second-round pick to St. Louis for quarterback Sam Bradford heads shook and eyebrows were raised around the league.
“I understand they gave up on Foles,” one NFL executive said, via Mark Eckel of NJ Advanced Media. “But I don’t know why they’re building up Bradford so much. I’m still confused about that whole deal. You can only talk about him being the first pick of the draft (in 2010) for so long. What has he done since then?
“If Bradford had gone anywhere else you wouldn’t even be talking about him. He’s been hurt the past two years and even when he was healthy, he was just average. But he’s with Chip Kelly, so there’s hope I guess. Chip Kelly is the one guy who can make Bradford a success.”
Asked point blank, if he would rather have Bradford or Foles, the executive wavered before finally answering.
“I don’t know,” he said. “They got the most out of Foles (in 2013). So it’s like I said, I want to see what Chip Kelly does with (Bradford). And the other question is can he keep him healthy?”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on