Eagles quarterback Mark Sanchez is currently at the top of the team’s depth chart as presumed starter Sam Bradford recovers from a torn ACL, Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ Advance Media reports.
He is not acting, however, like a guy who is ready to give up his spot anytime soon.
With the start of Eagles training camp just 23 days away, Sanchez has invited key members of the team’s offense to San Diego to get in some work over the next few days.
In attendance? Quarterback Matt Barkley, quarterback/receiver G.J. Kinne, running back Ryan Mathews, running back Darren Sproles, receiver Jordan Matthews, receiver Quron Pratt, receiver Rasheed Bailey, receiver Seyi Ajirotutu, and tight end Andrew Gleichert.
Although it is not to the degree some of the old “Jet West” camps that Sanchez used to hold, the workouts are a sign of leadership from the veteran quarterback.
Sanchez getting in extra work with his teammates is nothing new.
Last season, when then-starter Nick Foles went down, Sanchez had some members of the offense come in on a day off to get some work in.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on