Running back DeMarco Murray clearly was disgruntled throughout much of the season with his playing time and production.
In the wake of coach Chip Kelly’s dismissal, Murray spoke with the media Thursday, Kevin Patra of NFL.com reports.
“You never wish this on anyone,” the Eagles back said of Kelly being fired, via Rueben Frank of CSN Philadelphia. “But it’s a fresh start for everybody.”
Murray told reporters he has spoken to Kelly since the coach was fired, but wouldn’t indicated who initiated the call.
Murray was an ill-fit for Kelly’s scheme, which often required backs to move laterally — something Murray struggled with, looking very slow — before getting down hill.
“Schematically, there are probably some things we could have done better,” Murray said, also noting he could have played better.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on