Eagles linebacker Nigel Bradham was arrested in Miami on Monday, two days before he was due to report for training camp, Phil Sheridan of ESPN.com reports.
Bradham turned himself in to Miami police after an incident last Thursday at a South Beach hotel, The Hilton Bentley South Beach. According to the police report, Bradham was in a group of customers at the hotel. Bradham verbally complained to a hotel worker about the speed of service.
The incident “escalated,” according to the police report, “when the defendant, without provocation, struck the victim in the nose with a closed fist, causing the victim to fall to the ground.”
The victim, who suffered a broken nose, contusions and a cut lip, identified Bradham from photographs shown by police the next day. According to the police report, Bradham was charged with aggravated assault, a second-degree felony.
He has a court appearance scheduled for Aug. 2. The Eagles have their first day off of camp scheduled for that day.
“We are aware of the recent incident involving Nigel Bradham in Miami,” the Eagles said in a statement. “We have been in contact with Nigel and the proper authorities. Due to the ongoing legal process, the Eagles will have no further comment at this time.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on