The Eagles have a lot of cap space devoted to quarterbacks with Sam Bradford, Carson Wentz and Chase Daniels.
Former Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb thinks it’s dumb how the Eagles have handled that position, Dan Levy of Billypenn.com reports.
“And now you sign — which was dumb — you sign Sam Bradford to a multi-year deal and give him big money, then you trade picks to move up to No. 2 – that was dumb,” McNabb added. “I mean, nothing against Carson Wentz, but why would you do that? That’s just a bad business decision from the Philadelphia Eagles.”
“You know the whole thing about it which is funny to me? When people jumped on Sam Bradford because he was seeking a trade, I told people, man, I said ‘I’ll be honest with you, I don’t blame him.’ Think about this whole situation, and I had to explain it to people because they think he needed to come back and compete. I said even if he competes and they go 9-7 or 10-6 and he plays the whole year, it’s time for the young kid to step in and play.”
“If he’s not ready in year two, then that was dumb on the Eagles’ part.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on