When Carson Wentz left the field with a left knee injury toward the end of the third quarter of the Eagles/Rams game, Philly fans were hoping that it looked worse than it really was. Unfortunately, that hit he took was a season ender, with the Eagles placing him on injured reserve, revealing that Wentz had torn his ACL.
Amazingly, even after that gruesome hit, Wentz went on the run four more plays that ended up with a touchdown, before walking to the locker room on his own two feet.
Wentz heading to locker room.
please let this guy be OK pic.twitter.com/HISKDF7tNv
— DAN (@danWorthington) December 10, 2017
While the Eagles looked like a sure bet for the Super Bowl under Wentz’s lead, with him out for the season now, it’s anyone’s guess how they’ll face with Foles in the QB spot. Thankfully, they’ve got a relatively easy schedule ahead of them, facing the Giants, Raiders and Cowboys in the weeks leading up to the playoffs.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on