The Patriots rejected Houston’s request to interview Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio and director of college scouting Monti Ossenfort for the Texans’ general manager job, and the Eagles told the Texans the same about their vice president of player personnel, Joe Douglas, a league source told Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Although Caserio and Ossenfort were prohibited from interviewing in-season, it doesn’t mean the matter is closed.
Under the NFL’s loosened rules for hiring executives from other teams, Caserio and Ossenfort still might be able to interview for the Texans’ GM job after the Patriots’ season ends, according to a league source.
Packers director of player personnel Brian Gutekunst was scheduled to interview for the Texans’ opening Sunday but instead was promoted to general manager by Green Bay, a source told ESPN. Buffalo Bills vice president of player personnel Brian Gaine is now considered the favorite for Houston’s GM job, sources told ESPN.
Dallas Cowboys vice president of personnel Will McClay has permission to speak with the Texans but has not heard from the club yet.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on