Eagles wide receiver Alshon Jeffery didn’t want to hear about the Patriots’ so-called dynasty, and how they’re about to play in their eighth Super Bowl under quarterback Tom Brady and head coach Bill Belichick, Martin Frank of Delawareonline reports.
The Patriots will play in their third Super Bowl in four seasons when they face Jeffrey and the Eagles this Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.
In fact, Jeffery practically guaranteed an Eagles victory after he was asked if the Eagles are going to win, what has to happen?
Jeffery cut the question off, and said: “Ain’t no ‘if,’ man. When we win on Sunday, ain’t no telling what we’re going to do. But we’re probably going to celebrate, have some fun.”
The reporter followed up by asking if Jeffery is convinced that the Eagles are winning.
“We’re bringing that trophy back to Philly,” Jeffery said.
He was then asked about the Patriots’ mystique, and whether that impacts teams going into a game:
“Man, I don’t give a damn about all of that,” he said. “That’s in the past. We’re in the present. It’s 2018. It’s a new year. All that stuff in the past, that’s in the past. It’s a new year, man.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on