On Wednesday, reports emerged that the Eagles offered a raise to Chris Long to help convince him to return for the 2018 season. Shortly after that, it was reported that Long hasn’t actually accepted the offer yet and he’s still mulling his future.
But now we have word from Long himself. Speaking in an interview during an event for his Waterboys initiative in St. Louis on Wednesday night, Long said he is leaning on returning to the Eagles in 2018, Brandon Lee Gowton of Bleedinggreennation.com reports.
“For me, at my age every year, it’s important to make a decision, and take self-inventory,” Long said. “Is your body there? Is your mind in it? Do you have the passion? Because it takes a lot. And for me, just every year, I’m a year at a time. From here on out. For however long I play.”
“Philly’s been awesome, like I said. They kind of adopted me as, like, family. So that definitely factors in to everything. And the chance to repeat [as Super Bowl champions].”
“I’m still supposedly “mulling it over,” but I’m leaning on going back and playing.”
“So yeah. I mean, I hadn’t even answered any questions about that but there you go.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on