Eagles head coach Doug Pederson says the team wants to re-sign veteran running back Darren Sproles according to Tim McManus of ESPN.
The coach added Sproles has expressed a desire to return as well. Sproles was limited to three games in 2017 after tearing his ACL in Week 3 last fall and had considered retirement but is now said to be “leaning” towards playing in 2018.
Assuming his health cooperates, the two sides should be able to work out a deal. Originally a fourth-round pick by the then-San Diego Chargers out of Kansas State way back in 2005, Sproles has spent the past four seasons in Philly and had been remarkably durable for his size (5’6′, 190 pounds) until the ACL tear. The third-down specialist turns 35 years old in June.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on