Eagles coach Doug Pederson said he was “looking forward to going down” to Washington to visit the White House, but did not want to delve into details about the rescinded invitation or how many representatives the team planned on sending, Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
“We did something last season that was very special,” Pederson said. “A milestone here in the city of Philadelphia, and I was looking forward to going down and being recognized as world champions.”
That was as expansive as Pederson was willing to be on Wednesday. He did not want to engage in a back-and-forth with the White House, nor did he want to offer the Eagles’ version of the story. The White House accused the Eagles of a “political stunt,” giving 81 names to the White House last week and changing their delegation at the “11th hour.”
“I’m not discussing, it’s over,” Pederson said. “What you’ve seen and what you’ve heard is enough. I’m not going to sit here and discuss it. We have two OTA practices and a mandatory camp next week.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on