Eagles head coach Doug Pederson is refuting reports that wide receiver Alshon Jeffery will begin the season on the PUP list according to Jimmy Kempski of Philly Voice.
Pederson originally said he would not comment on the report, but then he changed his mind. “You know what, I’m not going to comment on that because we’re monitoring his progress, it’s day-to-day, we’re happy where he’s at, and we’ll continue to do that.” He added that he is “not sure” where the intial reports came from.
The 28-year-old Jeffery underwent rotator cuff surgery after the Super Bowl and was given a six-month estimate as to when he would be ready for action. While his availability for Week 1 is in doubt, it does not sound like he will miss the first six games of the season on the PUP list.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on