Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz has been officially ruled out for the team’s Week 15 matchup against the Los Angles Rams and will likely be shut down for the rest of the 2018 season according to Tim McManus of ESPN.
Wentz is dealing with a stress fracture in his back which will likely take three months to heal.
With the team’s very slim playoff hopes on the line, Philly fans are lamenting that backup Nick Foles will have to start in a must-win game on Sunday Night Football in a clear case of “what have you done for me lately.”
While Foles was ineffective in the two games he started at the beginning of this season while Wentz was still recovering from ACL surgery, he is still the reigning Super Bowl MVP.
He now gets a chance to once again save an Eagles season-and possibly earn himself a big payday on the open market this offseason by convincing the rest of the NFL that he is more than a good backup QB.
The Eagles would have to pretty much run the table to make the playoffs, which seems unlikely with back-to-back games against the Rams and the Texans, but after their magical run in 2017 it somehow still seems possible.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on