The Eagles have had to navigate through some tough waters the last two seasons, and have done it both times minus franchise quarterback Carson Wentz, who has been injured in both years.
There might be a major issue though with Wentz, as the team already has a decision to make with Nick Foles, who might leave the team this offseason, and now a report that Wentz (according to some of his teammates) is both ‘selfish,’ and ‘uncompromising.’
Joseph Santoliquito of PhillyVoice.com spoke to some unnamed Eagles players, and wrote this about Wentz and his place on the team.
“Indeed, sources describe Wentz as ‘incredibly hard working,’ ‘determined,’ and ‘highly intelligent.’ But the true Wentz is more nuanced and complicated, with sources describing him as ‘selfish,’ ‘uncompromising,’ ‘egotistical,’ one who plays ‘favorites’ and doesn’t like to be ‘questioned,’ one who needs to ‘practice what he preaches’ and fails ‘to take accountability.’
Of course who knows how much of how the team really feels about Wentz is actually true, but it’s never good news when a story like this comes out.
It remains to be seen if there will be any response back from Wentz on the matter.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on