The Eagles and quarterback Carson Wentz have gotten their contract extension done, a four-year extension that will keep him in Philadelphia through the 2024 season.
THe money that is involved in the extension is rather staggering.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter states the deal is worth $128 million over the four new years of the deal.
That comes out to $32 million per year. The contract also carries a maximum value of $144 million. Most importantly, over $107 million is guaranteed.
Schefter noted that Wentz’s new deal set the record for the most guaranteed money ever given to an NFL player.
Wentz won’t have the security blanket of Nick Foles behind him this season, and while injuries have been an issue for him since early in his career, the team has always felt that Wentz was one of the best players in the league.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on