Eagles head coach Doug Pederson says starting right guard Brandon Brooks still has not been cleared to participate in team drills according to Dave Zangaro of NBC Sports Philadelphia.
Brooks will take part in 1-on-1 drills this week and “see how his body responds.” It is actually amazing that Brooks was able to avoid the PUP list at the start of training camp given that he tore his Achilles in last year’s playoffs and a week one return remains “a possibility”.
Originally a third-round pick out of Miami Ohio by the Houston Texans in 2012, the 29-year-old Brooks is a two-time Pro Bowler and graded out as the No.8-overall guard out of 81 qualifiers in 2018 according to Pro Football Focus.
Halapoulivaati Vaitai would start in Brooks’ place if he is not ready for the regular season opener against the Redskins.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on