The Eagles worked out two players on Tuesday, and one could fill a void opened up on the defensive tackle depth chart in the wake of a season-ending injury to Malik Jackson, Zack Rosenblatt of NJ Advance Media reports.
They quickly signed one of them. That is, Dolphins defensive tackle Akeem Spence. In a corresponding move, the Eagles also placed Jackson on injured reserve and released tight end Alex Ellis.
Spence worked out at NovaCare Complex on Tuesday along with former Eagles linebacker Paul Worrilow, a person familiar with the situation told NJ Advance Media.
The 6-1, 307-pound Spence spent the 2018 season with the Dolphins, where he started all 16 games. The 27-year-old finished the year with 42 tackles, two sacks and, per Pro Football Focus, 32 total quarterback pressures.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on