Eagles wide receiver Alshon Jeffery has been diagnosed with a Lisfranc injury and needs surgery according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.
Jeffery suffered the injury Monday night and has already been placed on injured reserve. While this is better news than the torn Achilles’ tendon initially feared, it is close to a worst-case scenario for a 30-year-old wideout.
Lisfranc injuries are always tricky for wideouts and are especially tricky for wideout on the wrong side of 30. Jeffery should likely be considered questionable for the start of training camp in July.
Frequently injured throughout his career, Jeffery has had a miserable 2019 with only 490 yards and four touchdowns in ten games. Fortunately for him, the Eagles restructured his contract and guaranteed his $11.5 million salary for 2020-a move they may regret.
The Eagles top priority during the offseason needs to be completely restructuring their wide receiver corps.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on