The Eagles have officially ruled out tight end Zach Ertz for Sunday’s must-win game against the New York Giants according to the team’s Twitter account.
Wideout Nelson Agholor has also been ruled out again but he has not been a factor in the Eagles offense in weeks.
Earlier in the day, the Eagles had indicated Ertz would try to practice on Friday but ultimately it became clear that Carson Wentz’s favorite target is too severely banged up and in too much pain from his fractured ribs to give it a go in Week 17.
The news means that No.2 TE Dallas Goedert will likely play virtually every single snap on Sunday and Wentz will have to lean more heavily on his running backs and wide receiver Greg Ward to move the chains against the Giants.
Philly’s entire season hinges on this game as, if they win, they will win the NFC East crown and host a Wild Card game next weekend.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on