The Eagles’ 2020 season will end Sunday against Washington minus a trip to the playoffs, but don’t expect the team to move on from coach Doug Pederson.
At least if he has anything to say about it.
The Eagles coach said via WIP radio on Monday that he expects that he will be back as coach in 2021 despite a current 4-10-1 mark.
“I feel fully confident to be the head coach of the Eagles in 2021,” he said during his radio appearance on 94.1 WIP Monday morning.
“The thing I’m most proud of, this football team, we have been in the postseason three of the last five years since I’ve been here, and that’s pretty good.
“We have won a championship here. We have gone through a season where a lot of our veteran guys are not playing due to injury. We are playing with a lot of young players.”
While Pederson has take some heat for his team’s struggles, the team has been successful overall with him in charge.
The team went to the postseason in his second season, reached Super Bowl LII and upset the New England Patriots 41-33, and overall the club is 42-36-1 and 4-2 in the postseason with Pederson as coach.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on