With defensive coordinator Jim Johnson not coming back to the team for awhile, it makes Sean McDermott all that more important to the Eagles. With the announcement that McDermott would be running the defense in Johnson’s absence, the Philadelphia Daily News reports that McDermott will be going nowhere soon:
Eagles secondary coach Sean McDermott will run the defense in Jim Johnson’s absence, as he did during Johnson’s initial treatment. McDermott, 35, starred as a defensive back at La Salle High and at William & Mary. He came to the Eagles in 2000 and has held several jobs since, moving from linebackers coach to taking over the secondary when John Harbaugh left to become Baltimore’s head coach last year.
A source close to the situation has said NFL teams wanted to interview McDermott for coordinator openings this offseason, but the Eagles did not grant permission because of Johnson’s situation.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on