The rumor mill is at it again, and this time it contains the name of the one player most of us were all hoping we would never have to hear from again – Brett Favre.
The tidbit is from Howard Eskin of WIP Radio, who threw out a tweet (who really know how real this is) that the Eagles are interested in signing Favre after trading Kevin Kolb. The thought is Favre would be the backup to Pro Bowl QB Michael Vick.
Adding fuel to the fire was a tweet from Vick early Sunday: “I would be honored to have Brett Farve as a backup. That will be amazing Learning how to toy with defenses the way he did his whole career.”
Since that Tweet showed up on Vick’s account – it’s been pulled. At the end of the day, most people think it’s a pipe dream that Favre would comeback and play – much less be a backup.
But, never say never, and if he wants to give it one more round on a team that will challenge for a title, there could be worse things than going to the Eagles.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on